Start Blogging Now!
There are many reasons that businesses need to get on the blogging bandwagon as the benefits far outweigh the downsides. As matter of fact, the only downside I can think of is the time it takes to write a blog article. With a little practice your blog articles should take you less than an hour for most and sometimes less than 30 minutes. If you are still on the fence then you truly need to keep reading to see the benefits of a business blog.
- Interaction: Blogging allows you to have a direct conversation with your potential and existing customers. Your acitonable content will catch their attention and motivate them to ask questions and start a dialogue that is difficult to create on a static webpage. This type of dialogue will help you generate new leads and nurture existing down your sales funnel.
- Become an industry leader: When you start to answer your customer's questions and provide valuable content that will help solve your potential customer's problems they will return to your blog and use it as a reference source. A business blog is an easy way to position your expertise in your field and become an industry leader as your reputation and your authority will grow.
- Soft selling: You never want to directly sell through your blog, but you can implement tactics via soft selling that are not disruptive to your potential customers. Create educational and informative content that will expose your prospects to your product or sevrice without putting on the full court sales pitch. They will appreciate the information you have provided them which will help to build trust and your brand perception and always remember to have a Call to Action in your blog sidebar and even at the bottom of each article to capture lead data.
- SEO: Google loves new pages that are added to your site for indexing and if these pages are well written blog articles your customer's will love them too. Use your keywords that you optimizing for in each article to increase your SEO as well as internal links to your landing pages. The more you publish the more Google love you will get. Blog frequency impacts your SEO and customer acquisition.
- Build a Community: The more useful information you share to help readers improve their lives or solve their problems the more engagement you will get and your audience will grow. The goal is to get your readers to share your blog content which expands your reach faster than you could ever imagine happening via traditional networking events, Chambers, or trade shows.
Hopefully you can see how valuable of a tool blogging can be for your business and the great part is that once you get going each article should only take 30-45 minutes to create and publish. Blogging does take effort, but you will see the rewards when readers become customers.
image credit: freedigitalphotos.net/renjith krishnan