Let's get Social

Subscribe to get marketing updates right to your inbox!

Your email:

Google+ for business
 

learning seo from the experts

 

  IMA_SEOeBook_sidebar.jpg

Inbound Marketing Blog

Current Articles | RSS Feed RSS Feed

The 2 Most Powerful Words In Your Social Media Strategy

  
  
  

Your mother always told you to say "Thank You" when someone gave you a compliment or did something nice for you when you were a kid.  Hopefully you are using these two powerful words in your inbound marketing and social media a strategy as an adult.  Many business owners and marketers have not embraced the power of a "Thank You", but they should.

Let's get started with showing you how to use this powerful phrase by saying "THANK YOU"social media for reading this blog article. See, it is pretty easy to incorporate into the most important piece of your inbound marketing strategy. Stay on the lookout because we may say it again because we really appreciate you stopping by and want you to come back as often as you can.

If you are blogging, then we assume you are using a social media strategy to push your content out to your followers on at least Twitter and Facebook.  If your not, we would highly recommend that your start blogging and then utilize these two social channels to promote your content.

1) Twitter

Reply to all of your Twitter ReTweet's and thank them for promoting your tweet.  This takes 3-5 seconds and will help you cultivate your relationship with the person or company that promoted your tweet to their followers. Be sure the thank you is timely.  Don't wait for 2 days to pass before you thank them for the ReTweet. The more you thank your followers, the more they will continue to ReTweet your content.  This creates great value for you as you increase your reach and drive more traffic to the content that is linked to the Tweets that are being ReTweeted.

2) Facebook

52% of posts to business pages on Facebook do not get a reply. Stand out in the crowd and show your appreciation for someone taking the time to comment or post on your Facebook page. Be the other 48% and take advantage of the open door your competition has left for you by not engaging their followers and friends.

3) Thank You Pages 

Create a Thank You Page to follow up on the form conversions from your landing pages.  Be genuine and thank your new found lead for downloading your latest white paper, ebook, or offer and ask them to contact you if they have any questions. Don't put the full court press on and try to sell them from your Thank You Page, but include a discreet Call to Action at the bottom of your content that links to another corresponding offer to push them down the sales funnel.

4) Email

When was the last time you sent a Thank You email to all of your customers without a sales pitch or a product launch announcement. Kick it up a notch and include a short personal video thanking them for their business.  Let them know how much their business means to you and make a human connection.  if you are not able to send the video in an email post the video on your website, take a screen shot of the video to post in the email, and link back to the video on your site.  The human connection will build your relationship with your customer and also improve your click through rate (CTR).

Take all of these inbound marketing channels and use the power of Thank You to increase your engagement with your potential and existing customers because without them we would all be out of business.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to read our blog. I know the content of this post is simple and we all know this, but we need a reminder once in a while to stay on track and show our appreciation.  At least that is what my mother tells me.

Do you use the power of Thank You in your social media strategy? Leave your comments below so we can personally thank you.

Photo credit: freedigitalphotos.net/kromkrathog

 

ebook-button-2c

Comments

Another great post from the team at Inbound Marketing.... keep them coming, love your blog!
Posted @ Sunday, April 14, 2013 5:22 PM by GROW SOME
Thanks for the kind words, Tim! We're currently posting 8 fresh blogs a week, so stay tuned :)
Posted @ Sunday, April 14, 2013 8:49 PM by Jasmine Henry
Post Comment
Name
 *
Email
 *
Website (optional)
Comment
 *

Allowed tags: <a> link, <b> bold, <i> italics