Social Media Strategy
Location based social media platforms provide a unique opportunity for many different types of businesses such as retail stores, bars, restaurants, and even transportation companies.
For this Quick Tip we will use a restaurant as the example. Most restaurants are located in heavy traffic areas such as strip malls or highly populated areas with other retail stores. this means there should be quite a bit of traffic going to each of these locations that you can target via social media platforms such as Foursquare.
The strategy is very simple.
1) Create an offer for your restaurant
2) Send an employee that has a smartphone with Foursquare enabled next door to the Electronics Store
3) Have your employee Check-In at the Electronics Store and leave a 'TIP' about your offer next door at your restaurant
4) Repeat at additional locations that have relevant customer that you want to target with your offer
5) Create 'Special Offers' via the Foursquare website that can also be offered at nearby locations
We have implemented this social media strategy with a very high success rate for retail stores located in shopping malls. We set 'Special offers' at all of the high traffic stores within the mall and for the shopping mall itself with tremendous results.
You will need to have a remedial understanding of how Foursquare works, a smart phone, and about 5 mins per location to implement this strategy. That is a very small investment to implement a social media strategy that works and will drive traffic to your business.
What do you think? We would love to hear your thoughts in the comments section.
Have a great weekend!