This blog post was submitted by Glenda McGarthy-Gaspar, the CEO of Proforma SI, a digital marketing agency in Newmarket, Ontario.
Building a successful brand involves quite a bit of trial and error, especially when it comes to finding ways to let the world know that your brand exists. After all, brand awareness relies heavily on deploying effective marketing strategies that will catch the public’s attention and display your company in a favorable light, and when it comes to marketing, the available resources we have today are much more plentiful than they were a couple of decades ago.
The universe of marketing is rapidly expanding as the digital world continues to grow, and in order to shine amongst your competitors, it’s important to experiment with a variety of different tactics. Fortunately, there is no shortage of creative techniques to try out that will help you spread the word about your brand, and to help you out, here are a few ideas you can implement to lengthen the reach you have in your industry:
Host a Webinar
Hosting a webinar is an excellent way to demonstrate your expertise in your industry, initiate beneficial business relationships, engage with existing clients, and attract new leads--all at the same time.
While hosting a webinar might not be the best option if you have a brand new business with very few clients and social media followers, it can be extremely effective if you have accumulated even a modest online presence.
The trick to a worthwhile webinar is to avoid using your time in the spotlight to give a sales speech.
Instead, you’ll want to pick a topic that will address an issue or question that commonly pops up in your niche so that the crowd can feel enlightened or educated about the subject. If you succeed at teaching your audience something useful, this will compel them to check out your future webinars and postings, as well as refer your brand to other interested parties.
To boost the impact that your webinar has, it’s always a solid idea to host a Q&A session after your webinar is complete. Engaging with the audience will help you better imprint your brand name into their minds, as coming up with insightful answers on your feet helps to establish that you’re a knowledgeable, credible professional. Likewise, doing this also helps to build trust between your brand and the public.
Another major advantage of hosting a webinar is that the benefits don’t have to come to a halt once it’s over; you can record the event and host it on your website, providing a useful resource for online visitors to view and benefit from indefinitely.
Incentivize the Public
Never underestimate the influence small incentives can have when trying to expand the awareness of your brand. Naturally, people are always more willing to take an action that benefits someone else if they can get something in return as well, especially when referring to the business world. Here are a few effective ways to do this:
- Referral programs. Offering existing clients a reward, such as taking 20% off their next purchase, when they refer others to your business is a smart way to encourage existing clientele to return to you for services, as well as lure in new leads.
- Online contests. Encourage online users to follow you on your social media platforms by offering to enter anyone who likes, comments, or shares/retweets your posts into a drawing. The person whose name is drawn gets a special discount, reward, or freebie from your company.
- Rewards for social media engagement. Another easy way to increase your social media engagement and gather new followers is to offer a certain percentage off of your products/services whenever anyone new likes or follows your social media pages.
Experiment With Video Production
It’s 2016, and video marketing for businesses is more popular than ever. If you need some convincing on the potential benefits video production can bring you, just take a look at some of these statistics:
- Videos are over 1,000 times more likely to get shared on social media when compared with any other type of content.
- Utilizing videos can increase your organic traffic by over 150%.
- Over 50% of marketing professionals agree that they see more conversions from video marketing than other type of content.
There isn’t much room for debate; the facts show that the use of multimedia is only going to become increasingly prominent as time goes on. Users want to learn about products and services, but they no longer want to just read about them. The more that you can stimulate the various senses simultaneously (visual, auditory, etc.), the further your reach will be.
Instead of solely using the “how-to” approach for blogs, consider making useful video tutorials about matters related to your industry. Similarly, create videos demonstrating why your products/services are the best around rather than only providing this information via text-based content.
The point is that the more dimensional your marketing efforts are, the more eyes will naturally gravitate towards your brand.
Cross-Promote With Professionals in Relevant Industries
Marketing can be a time-consuming and costly endeavor, but the bright side is that there are always free ways to promote yourself as well. One of the simplest ways to do this is to cross-promote with professionals in industries that clearly relate to your own.
If you haven’t heard of the term, cross-promotion involves the mutual agreement between two parties to promote each other’s services or products. This is best done when the parties are involved in niches that correlate to each other’s and attract a similar client base but do not directly compete with one another.
For example, if you owned a gym, you could advantageously cross-promote with a company that sold health food and nutritional supplements. By promoting each other’s services, products, and promotions on both of your brands’ websites and social media platforms, you both can organically market yourselves to a brand new set of clients who would most likely be interested in what you have to offer.
Both parties win, as it’s a completely free way to get both of your names in front of new eyes.
Guest Post on Authoritative Websites Within Your Niche
Diversifying your content marketing strategy is an important part of getting your name out there, and guest posting is another technique you can utilize in order to get free promotion for you brand.
If you’ve never guest posted before, here are the steps typically taken when attempting to publish your content on an external website:
- Search the web for authoritative websites related to your industry, meaning relevant, reputable websites with high domain authorities and a substantial amount of user-engagement.
- Find the contact information for the website you want to publish on, and send an email asking if they accept submissions from guest authors. (Some websites have specific instructions already listed for guest authors.) It’s always helpful to write a brief description of who you are and why you could provide a valuable contribution for their audience in your initial email. Also, list a few suggestions of article titles that would fit within their content theme.
Most websites that accept contributions will allow you to highlight your business in a small author bio section at the end of your guest blog by linking to your websites and/or social media accounts. By publishing your articles on websites that tend to generate many comments with their blogs, you’ll be able to interact with that website’s audience, and especially if you’ve posted an informative piece that demonstrates your experience in the field, some of those users will most likely begin to follow you as well.
Coming to a Close
Letting the world know that your brand is out there is no simple feat. It takes a heavy load of thoughtful planning, industry research, and experimental tactics, so try and avoid putting all of your eggs in one basket when it comes to your marketing efforts.
Be bold, take risks, and try new techniques. Remember that as long as you allow your tactics to evolve with the modern times, the sky’s the limit when it comes to where you can take your brand.
Glenda McCarthy-Gaspar is the CEO of the digital marketing agency, Proforma SI, based out of Newmarket, Ontario. Her nearly two decades of professional experience allows her to help clients from all over see the results they want with their businesses.